Stripe and SegMetrics
SegMetrics gives you the ability to analyze your marketing campaign performance by connecting Stripe with other data sources.
With that information, you can easily segment that data into your leads, find the automation triggers that convert to customers, understand where your most valuable leads are coming from, and more!
In This Article
- Integration Overview
- How to connect Stripe to SegMetrics
- How to Connect Payment Information to CRM Contacts
- How much historical data is synced when you first connect Stripe to SegMetrics?
- How to build a Report with Stripe
- Frequently asked questions
SegMetrics takes the spend from your ad platforms and purchases from Stripe then connects them to the email addresses in your CRM.
You don't need to import the orders or tag people in a special way: they just need to be in your Stripe and CRM!
How to connect Stripe to SegMetrics
1) Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and then click "Integrations"
2) Once you're on the Integrations page, select the Payments list and click on Connect next to Stripe
3) This will open the Activation window, which is where you will be prompted to connect through OAuth to SegMetrics.
How to Connect Payment Information to CRM Contacts
There is nothing left to do: SegMetrics will match the email addresses in Stripe with those in your CRM and connect the payment data automatically.
But, if you have more than one payment processor we recommend using whichever can act as the single source of truth.
How much historical data is synced when you first connect Stripe to SegMetrics?
When you connect a new Stripe data source, all historical data from your Stripe account is synced.
Pro Tip: Once Stripe is connected and actively syncing data, we store the data that's collected in our own database. This allows us to accumulate more data over time as more data syncs are made so that you can report on more historical Stripe data in your SegMetrics reports.
How to build a Report using Stripe data
Once your data is imported from Stripe, you can create reports with the data to see how each touchpoint influences your sales.
1) Click Contacts > New Report, then save it to name it
2) Select your desired filters based on dates, tags and touchpoints
3) Save it for later use or to use the data in a custom dashboard
Frequently Asked Questions
What time zone is Stripe data synced in?
Stripe data is synced in UTC. SegMetrics reports on your data based in the timezone that you set in your Account Settings.
Do I need the tracking pixel to get the data found in my Stripe account?
You do not need to create a Tracking Link for SegMetrics to track website purchases.
Popular Stripe Metrics
|Ad Spend||Ad Clicks||Ad Impressions|
|Return On Ad Spend||Leads||Revenue|