Braintree and SegMetrics
SegMetrics gives you the ability to analyze your marketing campaign performance by connecting Braintree with other data sources.
With that information, you can easily segment that data into your leads, find the automation triggers that convert to customers, understand where your most valuable leads are coming from, and more!
In This Article
- Integration Overview
- How to connect Braintree to SegMetrics
- How to Connect Payment Information to CRM Contacts
- How much historical data is synced when you first connect Braintree to SegMetrics?
- How to build a Report with Braintree
- Frequently asked questions
SegMetrics takes the spend from your ad platforms and purchases from Braintree then connects them to the email addresses in your CRM.
You don't need to import the orders or tag people in a special way: they just need to be in your Braintree and CRM!
How to connect Braintree to SegMetrics
1) Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and then click "Integrations"
2) Once you're on the Integrations page, select the Payments list and click on Connect next to Braintree
3) This will open the Activation window, which is where you will be prompted to connect with your API key from Braintree.
5) In the top-right corner click on the Settings > Api
6) Click Generate to create a new API Key for use with SegMetrics
7) Click View to get the public key, private key and merchant id.
8) Add those values to the SegMetrics Authorization screen, and you're ready to go!
How to Connect Payment Information to CRM Contacts
There is nothing left to do: SegMetrics will match the email addresses in Braintree with those in your CRM and connect the payment data automatically.
But, if you have more than one payment processor we recommend using whichever can act as the single source of truth.
How much historical data is synced when you first connect Braintree to SegMetrics?
When you connect a new Braintree data source, all historical data from your Braintree account is synced.
Pro Tip: Once Braintree is connected and actively syncing data, we store the data that's collected in our own database. This allows us to accumulate more data over time as more data syncs are made so that you can report on more historical Braintree data in your SegMetrics reports.
How to build a Report using Braintree data
Once your data is imported from Braintree , you can create reports with the data to see how each touchpoint influences your sales.
1) Click Contacts > New Report, then save it to name it
2) Select your desired filters based on dates, tags and touchpoints
3) Save it for later use or to use the data in a custom dashboard
Frequently Asked Questions
What time zone is Braintree data synced in?
Braintree data is synced in UTC. SegMetrics reports on your data based in the timezone that you set in your Account Settings.
Do I need the tracking pixel to get the data found in my Braintree account?
You do not need to create a Tracking Link for SegMetrics to track website purchases.
Popular Braintree Metrics
|Ad Spend||Ad Clicks||Ad Impressions|
|Return On Ad Spend||Leads||Revenue|