Connect Easy Digital Downloads with SegMetrics
SegMetrics gives you the ability to analyze your marketing campaign performance by connecting Easy Digital Downloads with other data sources.
With that information, you can easily segment that data into your leads, find the automation triggers that convert to customers, understand where your most valuable leads are coming from, and more!
In This Article
- Integration Overview
- How to connect Easy Digital Downloads to SegMetrics
- How to Connect Payment Information to CRM Contacts
- How much historical data is synced when you first connect Easy Digital Downloads to SegMetrics?
- How to build a Report with Easy Digital Downloads
- Frequently asked questions
SegMetrics takes the spend from your ad platforms and purchases from Easy Digital Downloads then connects them to the email addresses in your CRM.
You don't need to import the orders or tag people in a special way: they just need to be in your Easy Digital Downloads and CRM!
How to connect Easy Digital Downloads to SegMetrics
1) Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and then click "Integrations"
2) Once you're on the Integrations page, select the Payments list and click on Connect next to Easy Digital Downloads
3) Next, you'll need to provide a valid public API key and also a valid token. An API key and token can be generated for any user by going to Downloads → Tools → API Keys in your Easy Digital Downloads dashboard.
How to Connect Payment Information to CRM Contacts
There is nothing left to do: SegMetrics will match the email addresses in Easy Digital Downloads with those in your CRM and connect the payment data automatically.
But, if you have more than one payment processor we recommend using whichever can act as the single source of truth.
How much historical data is synced when you first connect Easy Digital Downloads to SegMetrics?
When you connect a new Easy Digital Downloads data source, all historical data from your Easy Digital Downloads account is synced.
Pro Tip: Once Easy Digital Downloads is connected and actively syncing data, we store the data that's collected in our own database. This allows us to accumulate more data over time as more data syncs are made so that you can report on more historical Easy Digital Downloads data in your SegMetrics reports.
How to build a Report using Easy Digital Downloads data
Once your data is imported from Easy Digital Downloads, you can create reports with the data to see how each touchpoint influences your sales.
1) Click Contacts > New Report, then save it to name it
2) Select your desired filters based on dates, tags and touchpoints
3) Save it for later use or to use the data in a custom dashboard
Frequently Asked Questions
What time zone is Easy Digital Downloads data synced in?
Easy Digital Downloads data is synced in UTC. SegMetrics reports on your data based in the timezone that you set in your Account Settings.
Do I need the tracking pixel to get the data found in my Easy Digital Downloads account?
You do not need to create a Tracking Link for SegMetrics to track website purchases.
Popular Easy Digital Downloads Metrics
|Ad Spend||Ad Clicks||Ad Impressions|
|Return On Ad Spend||Leads||Revenue|