Facebook Offline Conversions
Out of the box, SegMetrics’ ad attribution model is able to recognize when you gain new leads and customers as a result of ad clicks. We’re also able to attribute that lead’s first purchase back to the ad, even if the lead doesn’t purchase right away and returns later to buy. That’s great for understanding how your ads are performing at a high level, but the more data you’re able to send back to Facebook the better they can optimize your ads and audiences to further improve future conversion potential.
With our Automatic Offline Conversions feature, we’ll start sending all conversions back to your ads account to help optimize how Facebook serves your business. In turn Facebook will more effectively get your ads in front of the people who are most likely to convert and buy your products.
Create a New Offline Data Source in Facebook for Offline Conversions Sent by Segmetrics
If you have multiple Facebook Ads accounts, you’ll need to repeat the upcoming steps for each Facebook Ads account. If you already have an Offline Data Source you’d like to use, you can go ahead and skip the following steps and move on to the next section.
To create a new Facebook Offline Data Source:
- Head over to your Facebook Business Manager and be sure to select the correct business account with the ads you’ve integrated with SegMetrics
- From the left sidebar in Business Manager, click More Tools
- Click Events Manager
- Click the green “+” sign to create a new Data Source
- From the “Connect a New Data Source” window, select “Offline,” then click Get Started
- Name your offline data source something memorable, such as “SegMetrics Offline Conversions” and add an optional description - click Create
- Be sure to disable the “Automatically Assign for New Ad Accounts” setting, then click Skip
- Optional: assign access to other people on your team if needed, otherwise you may click the “x” in the top right of that box to close out that setting
- You should then see a success message on your screen, and click Done
Enabling Facebook Offline Conversions
To enable Facebook Offline Conversions in SegMetrics:
- Click the Gear icon at the top right of your account
- Click Integrations
- From the Integrations page, find the Facebook Ads Integration
- To the right of the integrated account, click Settings
- Click Setup Ad Tracking
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Automatic Offline Conversions setting
- Select the pixel you’d like to optimize from the Available Pixels drop-down
- Enable the setting for each desired ad account shown in this integration
- Click Save Offline Conversion Settings
And that’s it, no other action needs to be taken to start automatically sending offline conversion back to your Facebook Ads account. Every morning, SegMetrics will gather every purchase that we can tie back to an ad click from the previous day and send it over to Facebook.