Connecting TikTok and SegMetrics
SegMetrics gives you the ability to analyze your TikTok campaign performance and connect it to other data sources.
With that information, you can easily segment that data into your leads, find the automation triggers that convert to customers, understand where your most valuable leads are coming from, etc.
SegMetrics takes the spend from TikTok and purchases from your payment processor then connects them to the email addresses in your email marketing platform.
You don't need to import the orders or tag people in a special way: they just need to be in your CRM or email marketing tool account!
How to connect TikTok to SegMetrics
- Head over to your SegMetrics Integrations page
- Locate and click the TikTok Integration
- Click Connect TikTok
- If you’re not already logged into your TikTok Account, you will be prompted to do so
- TikTok will alert you to grant certain permissions to SegMetrics, click Confirm
- Enable the TikTok ad accounts you’d like to track in SegMetrics
- Click Save Active Ad Accounts
Configuring your TikTok Ads
In order to accurately track the leads you’re acquiring from your TikTok Ads, please follow the steps below to get your ads configured with the required url parameters:
- Log into Your TikTok Ads Manager
- For each of your currently running ads, follow directions to make a copy of the ad.
- When setting up your new ad, append the following to the Ad Details > Text & Link > URL value:?utm_campaign=__CAMPAIGN_NAME__&utm_source=tiktok&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=__CID_NAME__&utm_term=__AID_NAME__&ad_id=__CID__&ttclid=__CLICKID__
- Example: https://example.com/landing-page
Note: TikTok Marketing does not allow the modification of certain ad settings, including the Landing Page URL value we are modifying above. Therefore, we need to make duplicates of the ads to add the required information for the Landing Page URL.
Your new ads and ad groups will most likely need to be approved. So ensure you properly turn on / off the new / old ads when appropriate.
Setting Up Targeted Conversions
Targeted conversions sends your attributed purchases from TikTok back into the TikTok system to help optimize your pixel for better campaign and ad targeting.
Follow the steps below to enable targeted conversions:
- Navigate to your SegMetrics Integrations page.
- From the TikTok integration, click the gear icon.
- Click Setup Ad Tracking
- From the Automatic Offline Conversions setting, select the TikTok pixel you'd like to feed the conversion back into.
- Click Save Offline Conversion Settings
Now all purchases from the previous 24 hours that we can attribut back to a TikTok ad click will be sent back into TikTok. The data includes the customer’s email, purchase ID, and timestamp of the purchase, along with other data to help better identify the conversion. With that data, TikTok then attempts to match up those purchases with an ad click. If they can, they will then attribute that purchase back to an ad campaign, adset and ad.
How much historical data is synced when you first connect TikTok to SegMetrics?
When you connect a new TikTok Data Source, we import the last month of ad spend, clicks and impressions for all currently active ads. Lead attribution will start as soon as the ads are configured for tracking.
Pro Tip: Once TikTok is connected and actively syncing data we store it in our own database. This allows us to accumulate data over time so that you can report on more historical data in your SegMetrics reports.
How to build a Report using TikTok Ad data
Once your data is imported from TikTok and SegMetrics has click data from your configured TikTok ads, you can create reports with the data to see how each touchpoint influences your sales.
- From your SegMetrics account, click Acquisition > Advertising
- Select your desired filters based on dates, tags and other touch points (you can filter by the specific TikTok ad account when using the “Ad Account” filter)
- Once you have your report filters just right, you can rename, save and access your report again later by clicking Save at the top right area of the report window
Still need help? Drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org