Exploring Customer Lifetime Value
Prefer to read instructions? You can read them below!
What you’ll learn from this article:
- How to discover customer value no matter what they purchased or when
- How To Discover How Many Clients You Have, How Much You Earned From Them, & How Many Orders Were Created
- How To Discover How Much Customers Are Worth Who Have Purchased A Certain Product.
- How to discover the lifetime value of one of your campaigns
How To Discover Customer Value
(No Matter What They Purchased)
Since we want to focus on revenue, that’s the page we’ll be spending our time in.
1) Go to the “Revenue” page (under “Custom Reports”).
Right off the bat, without making any adjustments, the report shows us our customer’s value no matter what they purchased within the past 30 days.
What we want to do is see the lifetime value and not just the value of these customers within a 30-day period.
To do this, we will simply remove the “Purchase Created” field.
This will show us our customer’s value no matter when they were created and no matter when they purchased.
But we don’t recommend reporting on your entire list because it isn’t that valuable. Instead, you want to see how different parts of your marketing funnel and other segments are performing.
So, let’s rock n’ roll.
How To Discover How Many Clients You Have, How Much You Earned From Them, & How Many Orders Were Created
While still within the “Revenue” page...
1) Choose a date range that you want to gather information from.
2) Add a new field for “Contact Created” and choose “In Date Range” in the next field.
This will show us how many clients we have, how much we earned from them, how many orders were created, etc.
How To Discover How Much Customers Are Worth Who Have Purchased A Certain Product.
1) Remove the “Contact Created” field and add a new field with the following:
“Invoice Products” “Equals” “(Your Product Name)” “Any Time”
2) Scroll down and click on "Table"
3) Choose "Products" from the drop-down menu
If anyone has purchased other items after purchasing the product you selected in the dropdown above, it will show in the table below.
So far, we have quickly discovered:
- How much our entire list of customers are worth
- How much our customers within a date range are worth
- How much our customers are worth who have purchased a certain product
To finish this off, let’s see the lifetime value of one of our campaigns.
How To Discover The Lifetime Value Of Your Campaigns
(Please note: In order to create this report, you must first create a tag for your campaign sequence)
1) Remove the current filters
2) Add a new field with the following fields:
“Contact Tag” “Contains” “(Your Tag Name Here”) “Any Time”
This will answer how much your campaigns are worth and the lifetime value of those customers.
That's it! You now know how to discover the lifetime value of your clients down to the penny!
If you need further help, please don't hesitate to email us by clicking on the "email us" link below.