Marketo and SegMetrics
SegMetrics gives you the ability to analyze your Marketo campaign performance and connect it to other data sources.
With that information, you can easily segment your data to find the sources that eventually lead to clients, how different accounts respond to each touchpoint and more!
In This Article
- Integration Overview
- How to connect Marketo to SegMetrics
- How to connect payment information to Marketo contacts
- How much historical data is synced when you first connect Marketo to SegMetrics?
- How to build a Report with Marketo
- Frequently asked questions
SegMetrics takes the spend from your ad platforms and purchases from your payment processor then connects them to the email addresses in Marketo.
You don't need to import the orders or tag people in a special way: they just need to be in your Marketo account!
How to connect Marketo to SegMetrics
1) Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and then click "Integrations"
2) Once you're on the Integrations page, select the CRM list and click on Connect next to Marketo
3) The Client ID and Client Secret are found in the Admin > LaunchPoint menu by selecting the custom service, and clicking View Details
4) Copy these codes into SegMetrics and click Save to activate the integration
How much historical data is synced when you first connect Marketo to SegMetrics?
When you connect a new Marketo data source, all historical data from your Marketo account is synced.
Pro Tip: Once Marketo is connected and actively syncing data, we store the data that's collected in our own database. This allows us to accumulate more data over time as more data syncs are made so that you can report on more historical Marketo data in your SegMetrics reports.
How to connect payment information to Marketo contacts
How to build a Report using Marketo data
Once your data is imported from Marketo, you can create reports with the data to see how each touchpoint influences your sales.
1) Click Contacts > New Report, then save it to name it
2) Select your desired filters based on dates, tags and touchpoints
3) Save it for later use or to use the data in a custom dashboard
Frequently Asked Questions
What time zone is Marketo data synced in?
Marketo data is synced in UTC. SegMetrics reports on your data based in the timezone that you set in your Account Settings.
How can I set up my email links to get click rates from my Marketo emails?
To do this, add the ContactId to your link with "cid=*|UNIQID|*".
Here is what the finished link should look like: http://example.com/?cid=*|UNIQID|*
That will tell SegMetrics who is visiting the page, even if they're on a different device.
You can find more information on configuring your email links in our Improving Tracking Fidelity Page
Do I need the tracking snippet to get the data found in my Marketo account?
You do not need to create a Tracking Link for SegMetrics to track website visitors, it will still gather the UTM data. Tracking Links provide a simple way to get further detail of exactly which link they clicked for ads, email broadcasts, or campaigns.
To learn how to create a tracking link, click here to be taken to our URL builder quick walkthrough.