The Monetization Report provides insight into how long it takes for your leads to become valuable customers. Key metrics reveal how old your leads are in a given cohort and how long it took those leads to purchase, as well as customer and lead value.
Run a New Monetization Report
By default, when you run a new Monetization report, the report returns key performance indicators related to the last 30 days.
To run a new Monetization report:
- From the left sidebar, click Monetization
- Apply filters to return the report data you’d like to view
Once you’ve got your base report, you can apply a number of different filters to return the data points you’d like to view.
To add additional filters to your Monetization report:
- Click + Add Report Filter
- Select the filter(s) you’d like to apply
- Click Apply Filters
Once you’ve applied your new filter(s), the report will return only the metrics related to contacts in your account who fit the applied cohort criteria.
Looking for more clarity on report filters? Check out our Filter Dictionary to learn more about what each filter returns.
Understanding The Monetization Report Metrics
When you run a Monetization report SegMetrics returns 5 key performance indicators (KPIs) that we believe to be the most important:
- Leads: The number of contacts that fit the search conditions. If you are filtering by contacts created in this date range, this is the number of new contacts that have been added to your account during the report date range.
- Note: Lead count is not affected by filtering purchases.
- Days Until Purchase: Days until Purchase is the calculation of how long, on average, it takes leads to turn into customers. Understanding your Days Until Purchase helps you know how much nurturing it takes to convert your leads into customers.
- Calculation: First Purchase Date - Lead Creation Date
- Customer Age: Customer Age calculates how old the leads on your list are. This is helpful in understanding when the majority of your leads joined your list from within a specific cohort.
- Calculation: Today - Lead Creation Date
- Customer Value: Customer value is a calculation of the revenue that customers in this report have generated, from purchases in this report. Understanding your Customer Value helps you know how much you can expect to generate from every new customer you bring in.
- Calculation: Revenue ÷ Number of Customers
- Lead Value: Your Lead Value measures how valuable your new Leads are. Measuring the Lead Value for different Lead Sources, Campaigns or Touchpoints is an important way to determine how much you can spend to acquire a new lead, and how effective your marketing funnels are.
- Calculation: Revenue / Number of Contacts
Save Your Monetization Report
When you save your Monetization report, the report can be quickly accessed from the Saved Reports area in your account. The report will save all applied filters.
To save your report:
- From the top of the report, click Save
- Give the report a name
- Select the Preview KPI
- Select either Timespan or Rolling
- Click Save Report
To access your saved reports, click Saved Reports from the left sidebar in your account
Table vs. Chart Report Views
Beyond the 5 KPIs displayed in your Monetization report, the report also returns that data at a more granular level. Directly below the KPIs, you’ll notice the report can be broken down into either a Table or Chart (default) view.
The Chart is a visualization of the data returned from the report cohort. Since this is a Monetization report, the chart defaults to a line chart that displays how your lead value over time for the date range set in the report.
You can use the filter drop-down to switch up the data you’d like to view. Switching up the filters in the chart will not affect the 5 KPIs returned in the report.
The Table view in your Monetization report breaks your metrics down even further. When you click into the table view, the report breaks your metrics down by different metrics based on the report cohort.
You can switch up the data displayed inside of the report table by modifying the filter located at the top of the table.