Connect Keap with SegMetrics
SegMetrics gives you the ability to analyze your Keap campaign performance and connect it to other data sources.
With that information, you can easily segment that data into your leads, find the automation triggers that convert to customers, understand where your most valuable leads are coming from, and more!
In This Article
- Integration Overview
- How to connect Keap to SegMetrics
- How to connect payment information to Keap contacts
- How much historical data is synced when you first connect Keap to SegMetrics?
- How to build a Report with Keap
- Frequently asked questions
SegMetrics takes the spend from your ad platforms and purchases from your payment processor then connects them to the email addresses in Keap.
You don't need to import the orders or tag people in a special way: they just need to be in your Keap account!
How to connect Keap to SegMetrics
1) Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and then click "Integrations"
2) Once you're on the Integrations page, select the CRM list and click on Connect next to Keap
3) This will open the Activation window, which will allow you to connect securely to your Keap account through OAuth..
How much historical data is synced when you first connect Keap to SegMetrics?
When you connect a new Keap data source, all historical data from your Keap account is synced.
Pro Tip: Once Keap is connected and actively syncing data, we store the data that's collected in our own database. This allows us to accumulate more data over time as more data syncs are made so that you can report on more historical Keap data in your SegMetrics reports.
How to connect payment information to Keap contacts
If you're using Keap’s payment integrations, there is nothing left to do: the payment data is integrated automatically.
But, if you do not have a payment integration with your Keap account, you can integrate your payment processor with SegMetrics. We recommend using whichever payment processor can act as your single source of truth.
How to build a Report using Keap data
Once your data is imported from Keap, you can create reports with the data to see how each touchpoint influences your sales.
1) Click Contacts > New Report, then save it to name it
2) Select your desired filters based on dates, tags and touchpoints
3) Save it for later use or to use the data in a custom dashboard
Frequently Asked Questions
What time zone is Keap data synced in?
Keap data is synced in EST. SegMetrics reports on your data based in the timezone that you set in your Account Settings.
How can I set up my email links to get click rates from my Keap emails?
To do this, add the ContactId to your link with "seg_cid=~Contact.Id~".
Here is what the finished link should look like: http://example.com/?seg_cid=~Contact.Id~
That will tell SegMetrics who is visiting the page, even if they're on a different device.
You can find more information on configuring your email links in our Improving Tracking Fidelity Page
Do I need the tracking pixel to get the data found in my Keap account?
You do not need to create a Tracking Link for SegMetrics to track website visitors, it will still gather the UTM data. Tracking Links provide a simple way to get further detail of exactly which link they clicked for ads, email broadcasts, or campaigns.
To learn how to create a tracking link, click here to be taken to our URL builder quick walkthrough.
How do I create a report on my client invoices paid and cart sales found in Keap?
We use the E-Commerce that comes through Keap's integrations.
If you're looking to use it for more invoice paid clients then using a funnel report might be preferable, as you can set out each step that a client should take through the process (sales call, signup, invoice, payments, etc).
To learn how to quickly create a funnel report, click here to see our funnel reporting walkthrough.
How can I confirm my contacts will be imported?
To confirm that contacts will be imported, you'll want to confirm these steps:
- Menu > Admin > Users
- Select the user that is authorized, and click Edit Permissions
- Click on User in the menu
- Make sure that all of the items (especially "Can view all records" and "Can search") is set to "Yes"