AdRoll and SegMetrics
SegMetrics gives you the ability to analyze your AdRoll campaign performance and connect it to other data sources.
With that information, you can easily segment that data into your leads, find the automation triggers that convert to customers, understand where your most valuable leads are coming from, etc.
In This Article
- Integration Overview
- How to connect AdRoll to SegMetrics
- How much historical data is synced when you first connect AdRoll to SegMetrics?
- How to build a Report with AdRoll
- Frequently asked questions
SegMetrics takes the spend from AdRoll and purchases from your payment processor then connects them to the email addresses in your email marketing platform.
You don't need to import the orders or tag people in a special way: they just need to be in your CRM account!
How to connect AdRoll to SegMetrics
- Head over to your Integrations page in your SegMetrics account
- Once you're on the Integrations page, click on the AdRoll integration
- Click Connect AdRoll
- If you're not already signed in to your AdRoll account, you'll be prompted to do so
- Confirm the connection with AdRoll
- Once you have connected AdRoll , you'll want to add the tracking value to your ads so that SegMetrics can connect individual users to each click on your ads. Follow the instructions on the screen
How much historical data is synced when you first connect AdRoll to SegMetrics?
When you connect a new AdRoll Data Source, we import the 60 days of ad spend, clicks and impressions for all currently active ads. Lead attribution will start as soon as the ads are configured for tracking.
Pro Tip: Once AdRoll is connected and actively syncing data, we store the data that's collected in our own database. This allows us to accumulate more data over time as more data syncs are made so that you can report on more historical AdRoll data in your SegMetrics reports.
How to build a Report using AdRoll Ad data
Once your data is imported from AdRoll Ads, you can create reports with the data to see how each touchpoint influences your sales.
- Head over to the Advertising report
- Select your desired filters based on dates, tags and touchpoint
- Save it to come back to or to include the data in a custom dashboard
Frequently Asked Questions
What time zone is AdRoll data synced in?
AdRoll data is synced in UTC. SegMetrics reports on your data based in the timezone that you set in your Account Settings.
Why am I not seeing clicks but not any leads in SegMetrics?
This can be caused by a couple of factors, but all are easy to solve. Please go through the checklist below to make sure that the tracking is set up correctly:
- Confirm that the Tracking Pixel is installed on all the pages, including the Landing Page that the ads are pointing to, as well as any order forms or optins after the initial landing page. You can use the Tracking Pixel Debugger to make sure that the tracking is installed.
- Make sure that ad_id=[ADROLL:AD_EID] is included in the Final URL and that the ad id is being correctly passed to the landing page.
- Confirm that the leads are entering their email address on a page that has the Tracking Pixel installed, and that if you're using any 3rd Party optin forms (like Acuity, WebinarJam, etc) that they have the tracking pixel installed as well.
- Finally, make sure that the leads are getting added to your email marketing system. (People not getting added to the marketing is more common than you think!)
- If you're still not seeing leads come through, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll get you up and running ASAP!
Do I need the tracking pixel to get the data found in my AdRoll Ads account?
You do not need to create a Tracking Link for SegMetrics to track visitors from ads, it will still gather the UTM data. Tracking Links provide a simple way to get further detail of exactly which link they clicked for ads, email broadcasts, or campaigns.
To learn how to create a tracking link, click here to be taken to our URL builder quick walkthrough.
Popular AdRoll Ad Metrics
|Ad Spend||Ad Clicks||Ad Impressions|
|Return On Ad Spend||Leads||Revenue|