Connect ConvertKit with SegMetrics
SegMetrics gives you the ability to analyze your ConvertKit campaign performance and connect it to other data sources.
With that information, you can easily segment that data into your leads, find the automation triggers that convert to customers, understand where your most valuable leads are coming from, and more!
In This Article
- Integration Overview
- How to connect ConvertKit to SegMetrics
- How to connect payment information to ConvertKit contacts
- How much historical data is synced when you first connect ConvertKit to SegMetrics?
- How to build a Report with ConvertKit
- Frequently asked questions
SegMetrics imports your contacts, custom fields, tags, orders and more directly from ConvertKit . SegMetrics is kept up to date with the most recent information in your ConvertKit account, to make sure you always have access to the information you need.
If you are using ConvertKit's payment tracking, we'll import those automatically. If you have a payment processor that doesn't connect with ConvertKit natively, we can connect that information together using the email addresses in ConvertKit.
You don't need to import the orders or tag people in a special way: they just need to be in your ConvertKit account!
How to connect ConvertKit to SegMetrics
1) Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and then click "Integrations"
2) Once you're on the Integrations page, select the CRM list and click on Connect next to ConvertKit.
How much historical data is synced when you first connect ConvertKit to SegMetrics?
When you connect a new ConvertKit integration, all historical data from your ConvertKit account is synced.
Pro Tip: Once ConvertKit is connected and actively syncing data, we store the data that's collected in our own database. This allows us to accumulate more data over time as more data syncs are made so that you can report on more historical ConvertKit data in your SegMetrics reports.
How to connect payment information to ConvertKit contacts
If you're using ConvertKit's payment integrations, there is nothing left to do: the payment data is integrated automatically.
But, if you do not have a payment integration with your ConvertKit account, you can integrate your payment processor with SegMetrics. We recommend using whichever payment processor can act as your single source of truth.
How to build a Report using ConvertKit data
Once your data is imported from ConvertKit, you can create reports with the data to see how each touchpoint influences your sales.
1) Click Contacts > New Report, then save it to name it
2) Select your desired filters based on dates, tags and touchpoints
3) Save it for later use or to include the data in a custom dashboard
Frequently Asked Questions
What time zone is ConvertKit data synced in?
ConvertKit data is synced in UTC. SegMetrics reports on your data based in the timezone that you set in your Account Settings.
How can I set up my email links to get click rates from my ConvertKit emails?
ConvertKit allows you to automatically add default UTM parameters to the links placed in your emails at the account level. To improve your email tracking, follow the steps below:
- Log into ConvertKit, and navigate to Your Account > Account Settings
- Click Email on the left navigation menu
- At the bottom of the page, under Advanced toggle "Add subscriber_id parameter in email links" and "Automatically append UTM parameters to email links"
That will tell SegMetrics who is visiting the page, even if they're on a different device.
You can find more information on configuring your email links in our Improving Tracking Fidelity Page
How can I set up Landing Pages to track Optins?
If you are using ConvertKit's native landing pages, you'll want to install the tracking pixel on those pages as well.
Since ConvertKit's landing pages restrict which tracking pixels are available on the landing pages, you'll need to use Google Tag Manager to install the pixel.
- Click Settings from the landing page editor toolbar across the top of the page
- Click Settings and choose the Advanced tab.
- Toggle on "Send subscriber to thank you page"
- Click Save.
- From the Settings modal, click SEO & Analytics on the left
- Click Google Tag Manager and enter your Google Tag Manager ID in the field provided
Click here to find more information on Google Tag Manager.
Do I need the tracking pixel to get the data found in my ConvertKit account?
You do not need to create a Tracking Link for SegMetrics to track website visitors, it will still gather the UTM data. Tracking Links provide a simple way to get further detail of exactly which link they clicked for ads, email broadcasts, or campaigns.
To learn how to create a tracking link, click here to be taken to our URL builder quick walkthrough.
How do I create a report on my client invoices paid and cart sales found in ConvertKit ?
We use the E-Commerce that comes through ConvertKit's integrations.
If you're looking to use it for more invoice paid clients then using a funnel report might be preferable, as you can set out each step that a client should take through the process (sales call, signup, invoice, payments, etc).
To learn how to quickly create a funnel report, click here to see our funnel reporting walkthrough.